The sleek slim and has the same genes of Samsung Galaxy S3. What makes this phone the best is its DUAL SIM feature which has been implemented very well. The device comes with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and a LCD display of just 4 inches (480 x 800 pixels) which makes it convenient to carry for frequent travelers. An AMOLED screen would have been better though. It is not very bulky, lightweight weighing around 120g.
A few advanced features like S-voice, Smart Stay are not included in this phone. The best feature is the TouchWiz where there are various options to control the two sims.
The processing speed is 1GHz single core which is good enough for a regular user. It has an impressive 768MB of RAM. An internal memory of 4GB makes it convenient to install a lot of applications though the operating system itself uses 2GB of its internal memory but you can always back it up by its 32GB microSD card capacity.
It comes with not one but two impressive cameras, the primary 5 megapixel camera has a 2x digital zoom with a single LED Flash and the secondary camera is 0.3 megapixels. Camera has features like auto focus, panorama and few other photo effects to enhance the photographs. The camrecorder records only 640 x 320 pixels though quite reasonable.
For entertainment purpose, it has a FM radio, music player and a video player as well. It also supports flash. Audio quality is quite clear but Video requires some extra encoders from the Play Store.
The 1500MAh battery gives about 13hours talktime on 2G and 7 hours of talktime on 3G. This will last for a day of intensive usage. The earpiece quality is loud but could have been more clearer. Microphone quality is average. It has a 3.5mm jack for audio which is commonly used and a micro USB port for pc connections.
It has been supported by GPRS, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth version 3.0 for uninterrupted internet connectivity. It also supports 3G networks for faster internet connectivity.
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA support
- Dual Mini-SIM slots
- 4 inches, 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 480×800 pixels resolution
- 1 GHz ARM Cortex A5 processor, Adreno 200 GPU,Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon chipset; 768MB of RAM available to the user
- Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with TouchWiz 4.0 UI customization
- 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash; geotagging, smile detection, panorama
- Front-facing VGA camera (0.3 megapixels)
- 4 GB of internal storage, 32 GB microSD slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS support
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- FM radio with RDS
- Document editor/viewer
- Adobe Flash Lite support
- Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery
- White, Black and La Fleur Colors
It was the first and foremost dual-sim Android device. A good mid-range phone for a regular Android phone. Smooth performance and lot of features. Go ahead if you think you really need an Android dual sim phone.
3 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy S Duos”